|DOB||November 6, 1981|
|Height||1.91 m (6'3'')|
|Weight||81 kg (178 lbs)|
Kaspars Gorkss is the current captain of the Latvian National Team and a long-time veteran of the English Championship and Premiership having played over 275 matches for Reading, Queens Park Rangers, Blackpool and Wolverhampton since 2006. He is known for his strength and willingness to battle opposing forwards over 90 minutes. He is also well regarded for his aerial ability to win head balls consistently. The traditional “hard man” defender, he is a commanding figure and admiral among the defense. As a senior player and national team captain, he is a calm presence and possesses the situational experience to lead from the back line. He’s also well known for his cerebral approach to the game. Gorkss has twice been his side’s center back on a team that won promotion to the Premiership (Reading an QPR).
Gorkss left England following nearly ten years as a registered player within the English FA. He moved to the Greek Superleague with Ergotelis. He played in 13 matches over the second half of the season since his transfer, registering 2 goals and 2 assists. He then moved to FK Dukla Prague following a strong performance in the Euro Qualifier between Latvia and Czech Repbulic. He now plays for Riga FC in his home country.
His national team career has been long and venerable. Gorkss made his debut with the senior national team in 2005 and has featured over 80 times. He is currently captain of the Latvia National Team and is in the process of leading his side during European Championship qualifications.
- 82 appearances for Senior National Team since 2005
- Captain of Latvia
- Registered 5 goals
- Played for Latvia U21 twelve times
Professional (Riga FC):
- Played over 275 matches for English Championship and Premiership clubs since 2006
- Emerged as a star defensive stalwart in the English Championship with Blackpool and later became a fan favorite with QPR and Reading
- Registered 21 goals and 4 assists throughout all matches in England
- Moved to Ergotelis on a free transfer in winter 2015 where he played 13 matches and registered 2 goals and 2 assists
- Transferred to FK Dukla Prague for 1-year contract, September 2015
- Transferred to FK Liepaja in September 2016 and Riga FC in February 2017